22nd February 2023
- The Board discussed the potential to introduce a new Course to the College – Occupational Therapy Assistant. An application to introduce the course as part of the College provision has been made.
- The Board acknowledge the hard work of students organising a Mental Health / Wellness Day on Thursday the 2nd of March. The Board expressed best wishes to all involved.
- The Erasmus+ group travelled to Malaga on the 3rd of February for 2 weeks to participate in a European work placement and cultural experiences. The Board congratulates the group on a rewarding mobility and thanks everyone involved in the process.
- The Board discussed the reinstatement of Night class provision with specific reference to the inclusion of the Green Cert. to meet local demand for same.
- All full time courses scheduled to commence in September 2023 are now open for applications via the College website. Interviews will commence before the Easter break.
- The Board reviewed the Disciplinary Procedures Policy.
14th December 2022
- Minutes for the Board meeting of the 9th November were ratified.
- Welcome was extended to Kelly Doyle and Joseph McGuinness, student representatives to the Board and Mary Leydon, teacher representative to the Board.
- Course projections for 2023 were submitted to FARR.
- ERASMUS+ interviews completed and students now preparing for placement in February 2023 to Malaga.
- The following policies were ratified by the Board – MSLETB ICT AUP Policy, MSLETB AUP Policy and Child Protection Procedures – Safety Statement.
- Child Protection Oversight Report was presented to the Board.
- Staff meetings and other meetings continue to take place.
- All printers are now installed onsite.
- An update on the Canteen was presented and await further developments.
- Proposal for a new Healthcare style course in the pipeline. To be developed and looked at further.
- New P2P Finance system in place.
9th November 2022
- Minutes for the Board meeting of the 17th June were ratified.
- Good wishes were extended to staff and students for the 2022 – 2023 College year.
- Information from the Director of Schools with regard to Board Meetings was distributed.
- ERASMUS+ interviews are taking place in November and the Board extends good wishes to all participants.
- The following policies were ratified by the Board – MSLETB Fee Policy, Admission Policy to NCC 2022 – 2023, Substance Misuse Policy.
- Child Protection Oversight Report was presented to the Board.
- Issues identified with regard to heating and some building works in the College were resolved.
- Budget for January – June period was examined.
- Recommencement of evening classes to be examined and progressed.
17th June 2022
- Congratulations were extended to students at NCC who recently graduated. The event was hosted in An Chroi, Tubbercurry and was a great success.
- IV and EA took place in the College in May and June. Very positive reports and to acknowledge the hard work carried out by the teachers.
- The College is hosting a ‘virtual’ event on the 15th – 17th June.
- The Board will consider a mixture of online and onsite meetings for the next College academic year.
- Update on finances for 2021 was presented and positive report.
- Review of courses and numbers was carried out and an update on current applications given.
4th May 2022
- The College is now accepting applications for a range of courses commencing in September.
- The College will adopt the MSLETB Course Fees and Refund policy. This policy replaces the existing Policy.
- The Board would like to congratulate all learners who participated in an ERASMUS+ fully funded European work placement in Barcelona in April.
- The College will launch a virtual open event (via the website) in June.
- An external audit of the Health & Safety systems and policies was recently conducted at the College.
- members of the Board participated in training – Ethos and Characteristic Spirit.
- The Board would like to extend their good wishes to learners participating in exams over the coming weeks.
17th February 2022
- All full time courses scheduled to commence in September 2022 are now open for applications via the College website.
- The Erasmus+ group will travel to Barcelona on the 3rd of April for two weeks to participate in a European work placement and cultural experiences.
- Assistant Principal II position has been filled by Kate Jordan.
- Skills to Advance course has commenced.
- SecureAllSecurity are taking over the key holder duties for the College.
9th December 2021
- The Board welcomes the installation of new desktop computers in the Computer Rooms.
- The installation of new electric heaters is to take place in January 2022.
- The ERASMUS+ Grant Agreement has been signed and the travelling group for 2021-2022 has been established. The Board extend their congratulations to the twelve students who were successful in securing a place on the programme.
- The Board has approved updates to the following College Policies – Admissions, Child Safeguarding Statement, Safety Statement, Induction for New Teachers.
- A Skills to Advance course is due to commence in the College in January 2022. This is welcomed.
- The position of Assistant Principal II was advertised internally in the College. Applications received will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Date: 15th October 2021
- Details of the College Management Structure and Decision-Making processes was presented to the Board.
- A report on the review of the Post of Responsibilities was presented to the Board. The Board ratified the posts and signed off on them.
- The following policies were ratified by the Board – Attendance & Participation, Course Fees & Refund, Critical Incident Management Plan.
- Upgrade work was completed on the roof of the main College and other minor works (automatic doors and painting of classrooms) completed over the summer.
- Computer Rooms have been upgraded with new laptops.
- Promotion of the Skills to Advance course to be undertaken by the Board.
- Welcome to the new student representatives onto the Board for 2021-2022.
- All good wishes to students and staff for the upcoming academic year.
Date: 19th May 2021
- The Board would like to commend and congratulate recent graduates. Preparation is underway for a virtual graduation to take place in the coming weeks.
- Preparations ongoing for a Virtual Open Event to showcase Programmes to potential students.
- External Authentication takes place in the College from the 19th of May to the 28th of May.
- Repairs to the Roof on the main building of the College will commence on Monday the 24th of May 2021. Ongoing interaction in relation to further developments to College infrastructure.
- A new Childcare course will commence in September 2021.
- Skills to Advance training to commence in September 2021.
Date: 24th March 2021
- Progress is ongoing with Aidan Tighe and the Skills to Advance initiative. The Principal and Aidan hope to attend and make a presentation at the next meeting of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Any business contacts that Board members have will be forwarded to the Secretary. The aim is to set up a meeting with these contacts to promote Skills to Advance.
- New courses been launched – Skills for Remote Workers, and Skills for Modern Workplace. Hope to incorporate these into the College provision.
- Architect from AXO visited College regarding building developments.
- The HSE using NCC for teaching and learning of its clients is very welcome and a great idea.
- Evening courses to commence on the 12th April – Intellectual Disability and Palliative Care.
- Examinations are ongoing and will continue until May. The Board wishes everybody the best of luck.
- Ongoing social media growth – Instagram and Facebook. Well done to the Advanced Administration group who put together a TikTok video to promote the College.
Date: 10th February 2021
- Further training for Board members will take place after Easter 2021.
- The Board discussed the rebranding of courses and the addition of new components to existing programmes.
- All full time courses scheduled to commence in September 2021 have been activated and are live on fetchcourses.ie. Students can now apply for courses online.
- The Health Services Supervisory Management group are currently working on a Project entitled ‘Share to Care’.
- The College and MSLETB are currently engaging with the local community in the planning and delivery of courses.
- The Board would like to commend the continued efforts made by learners and teachers to engage in teaching and learning during the current restrictions.
Date: 16th December 2020
- The Board discussed the expansion of College marketing and promotion methods, and the establishment of a College Instagram account.
- The Board explored the potential for the College to become a ‘Hub’ for courses offered by MSLETB under Skills to Advance and Skills for Work.
- The Board reviewed and ratified the following Policies: Anti-Bully Policy, Internet Safety Policy, and the Health and Safety Policy.
- The Board extend their congratulations to students (2019/20) who received awards in recognition of their efforts, to include: Students of the Class, Student of the Year, and those in receipt of the Margaret Gormley Award.
- VTOS attendance since the commencement of the academic year has been consistently averaging in excess of 85% (a blend of both online and onsite classes).
Date: 4th November 2020
- The Board extend their best wishes to Bernie Curran on her retirement and thank her for her service.
- The Board meeting focused on the facilitation and promotion of relevant courses.
- Board discussed the expansion of College marketing and promotion methods.
- A survey of local employers and Community groups will take place in the coming months to identify local education and training requirements.
- The Board reviewed and ratified the following Policies: Admission Policy (MSLETB), Attendance & Participation Policy, Course Fees & Refund Policy, Child Safeguarding Statement & Risk Assessment.
- Repairs to the roof of the main building will commence in the coming months.
- New Board members to participate in Children First Training (online).
- VTOS attendance since the commencement of the academic year has been consistently averaging in excess of 80% (a blend of both online and onsite classes).
Date: 27th February 2020
- Welcome extended to all new members of the BOM.
- Congratulations extended to Board member Nicole McGowan on the birth of her baby.
- College policies were reviewed and ratified by the BOM.
- The Child Protection Oversight Report was presented and no issues.
- Board members provided suggestions for upcoming courses.
- BOM complemented the Staff and Student Council on works completed and achievements to date.
Date: 19th December 2019
- Welcome extended to all new members of the BOM.
- Thanks extended to the outgoing members of the BOM and their time and commitment.
- Election of Dara Mulvey as Chairperson to the BOM for 2019-2020.
- Nomination of the BOM Community Representatives nominees.
- Child Protection oversight Report was presented to the Board.
Date: 4th July 2019
- Condolences were extended to the Gormley family on the recent bereavement of Margaret and acknowledged the hard work and dedication and support carried out by Margaret during her time on the Board at NCC.
- A successful graduation took place on Thursday 30th Congratulations and well done to the graduates and their families. And also, to the staff of NCC for their hard work in getting the students to graduation.
- The Student Council organised an unveiling of a plaque and bench in memory of Kathleen Reilly – Kathleen’s family attended the ceremony on Friday 24th
- Child Protection Policy, Guidelines for Disciplinary Procedures and Substance Misuse policy were reviewed and approved.
- The Board members were acknowledged for their role and contribution as representatives on the BOM for the past year and, for some, for the past five years.
- VTOS attendance is 92%.
Date: 6th March 2019
- The work and activities organised by the Student Council was acknowledged.
- Deputy Principal was acknowledged on all the hard work involved in the application for the ERASMUS+ program. A second application for Barcelona has been submitted.
- The students and teachers who were involved in the ERASMUS+ program to Vienna were thanked for their participation.
- Open evening will take place on Thursday 7th March at 7pm.
- Graduation will take place on Thursday 30th May at 7pm in Ballymote.
- Courses for 2019 – 2020 are now ‘live’.
- Two new courses in Equine Studies and Horsemanship (Level 5) and Horsemanship (Level 6) will commence in September 2019. There are also new developments in the Beauty Therapy course with new Diploma in Spa Treatments and Certificates in Microdermabrasion and Laser & IPL.
- VTOS attendance is 93% .