Upon completion of this course there will be job opportunities in:
- Laser Clinics
- Medi Spa Settings
- Advanced Aesthetics Clinics
- Cruise Liners
- Beauty Salons
- Cosmetic Companies
- or own your own business
There is also the option of progression to further training:
- Radio Frequency
- Salon Management
The minimum age for entry to this qualification is 18 years.
An interview with a lecturer will be undertaken prior to entry onto the course.
Previous Experience: Applicants must hold a qualification in ITEC Beauty Specialist and Diploma in Facial Electrics or equivalent to attend the Advanced Aesthetics Diploma.
Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
|Certificate in Micro-needling
|Certificate Advanced Chemical Skin Peeling
|Certificate in Microdermabrasion
|Diploma Laser and IPL Treatments
|Anatomy and Physiology
Upon successful completion of the course, students may achieve:
ITEC Diploma IPL & LASER Level 6
ITEC Certificate Microdermabrasion Level 5
ITEC Certificate Micro needling Level 6
ITEC Certificate Advanced Chemical Skin Peels Level 6
ITEC Advanced Aestethics Diploma
This Diploma is a practical and knowledge-based qualification. The purpose of the qualification it to provide recognition and certification for those individuals
who want to develop their skills and knowledge as a practitioner specialising in advanced aesthetics. The qualification is suitable for those that are new to these
treatments, as well as for experienced practitioners looking to achieve a professionally recognised qualification in this specialism.
Advanced Aesthetics Diploma
The main aim of the Diploma is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical skills and knowledge to provide laser and light treatments together with microdermabrasion, micro needling and advanced skin peeling treatments for:-
- Hair removal
- Skin rejuvenation
- Acne management
- Broken vein reduction
- Pigmentation reduction and,
- Improving the overall texture of the skin.
The main skills you will perform are:
- Laser and Light Treatments for hair removal – to include consultation, skin, and hair analysis, recognising contraindications and contra-actions, carrying out relevant tests prior to treatment and adapting the treatment to the client’s needs.
- IPL Light Treatments for skin rejuvenation, acne management, broken vein reduction and pigmentation reduction – to include consultation & skin analysis (Fitzpatrick scale).
- Micro-needling treatment/Microdermabrasion and Advanced Skin Peeling- – learners will we able to confidently use these advanced treatments to improve the appearance and texture of the skin.
- Physiology of skin ageing – learners will be able to understand the causes and effects of ageing of the skin and how beauty therapy treatments and products may delay the skin aging process.
- Health, safety, and hygiene–learners will have the essential knowledge and understanding to implement the appropriate health, safety, and hygiene protocols throughout the treatments.
- Client consultation- learners will be able to carry out a professional consultation to assess and determine the needs of the client, adapting the treatment to achieve the desired outcome.
- Inform and advise clients on products and services – learners will be able to provide bespoke treatments and advice on appropriate products and services to
complement the treatment and enhance the client’s overall wellbeing.
- Client care and communication which is essential to work and be successful in the industry.
It also provides:
- Opportunities to focus on the development of their wider skills in an Advanced Aesthetic setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and
- Opportunities to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities, and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as an Advanced Aesthetic Therapist.
On completion of the course, students take the Examinations which consists of:
- Practical /Theory and Case studies
A Portfolio of evidence is required to be completed under the supervision of a Lecturer who must monitor the quality of the treatments performed throughout the learner’s training to ensure that they meet the examination criteria.
Anatomy and Physiology – ITEC/CIDESCO
This course includes study in the following areas; Cells and tissues, The Skeletal system, Muscular System, Vascular System, Lymphatic System, Digestive System, Respiratory System, Excretory System, Endocrine System, Neurological System, and Special Senses. This course is a pre-requisite to training in all additional modules.
Students will find work placement in a suitable Beauty Therapy setting where they will apply their skills including demonstrating the ability to work in a supervisory capacity. Work-experience classes will prepare the student to apply for this work placement, and future work, by focusing on interview preparation. Students will assess their skills and qualities to produce a CV and cover letter. They will investigate their employment sector and identify job openings and future training opportunities. The placement reinforces the skills learned at North Connaught College and aids the development of employability/transferable skills.